In the past, hud guidelines indicated that family members of aid workers could not reside with aid in residential areas supported by the hud Multifamily Housing Division. These include project-based leasing support programs such as Section 8 and Section 811, Section 202 and other programs. However, it was only a “guide” and there is no legal provision allowing family members of assistants to reside in a unit with the assistant. In fact, the hussar orientation of the Housing Choice Voucher program was to leave it to a public housing agency (PHA) to decide whether or not to allow the children of assistants to live in a unit, but if they did, the PHA could not provide a separate room for the child. Question: Can a housing officer have a family member reside in the unit (for example.B. children, etc.); Or can only the housing helper reside in the unit where he/she is caring? The requirement #1 essentially means that, in order to have a worker, a resident must meet the Fair Housing Act (FHA) definition for persons with disabilities or disabilities; Otherwise, the assistance would not be essential to the resident`s care and well-being. If the owner and manager allow a live assistant to stay in a unit as appropriate precautions, they must be sure that the file clearly documents the status of the assistant. It is also recommended to include live assistants in the income tenant (TIC) certification, but they should not be allowed to sign the ICT. Apart from the direct addition of lease assistance, an assistant should never be included in a rental agreement, even as a resident.

Answer: Each property sets its own occupancy standards, which must be included in the tenant selection plan. Although HUD provides some general guidelines, the decision rests with the owner. There is no requirement that a resident has their own room or room, nor is there any restriction against an assistant who has a child. When authorizing the resident and / or accommodation with a child, the property must comply with the written standards of occupation of the property. 3. The accommodation-in-assistant may be used only as long as the disabled resident must benefit from the services of the assistant and remains a tenant. The housing-in-help cannot be considered as a member of the family remaining to be occupied and, in no case, a live-in-help should be transformed into a member of the household. Landlords must use a lease supplement (HUD authorization in the case of HUD real estate) that refuses a housing-in-help unit to occupy the unit after the tenant, for whatever reason, no longer lives in the unit.

The endorsement should also give the owner the right to evict the resident-in-assistant if he violates any house rules. . . .